Tuesday, June 21, 2011

New Regimen: A Year of Weight loss

So I've been working on my weight loss for a year now and am hovering over a loss of 50 pounds, which equates to about 1 pound a week. Since I have the paid in full gym membership now let's see how much easier it will be for me to lose the next 50 pounds. Last night I exercised for 40 minutes on the treadmill with 10 minutes out of it running. This morning I went to the gym and did about 20 minutes on the treadmill and 20 minutes on the elliptical. I got a cramp while on the treadmill so I went over to the elliptical machine. I haven't yet used the gym's pool but I will. I've been debating over getting a swim cap so I don't mess up my hair and have it start changing colors from the chlorine. Hopefully I can start dropping the pounds more regularly instead of a pound here or there. I will make it to my goal of doing a 5k race in September and I will not be self conscious for my vacations this summer wearing my swimsuit.

I haven't figured out the food situation yet. I'm afraid of diving into a different food situation. I know I can make more satisfying meals that include vegetables where I'm not spending everything I have to make it. I need to get a food processor to make some of the recipes.

No comments: