Wednesday, June 1, 2011

First Day at the Gym


So I had my first day and the gym in a long time. I felt a little lost for what to do so I got on the treadmill and ran/walked. I was so proud of myself for running on a treadmill in public alternating between running for 2 minutes at a time with 2 minute walking. I felt like I'm actually doing something because I remember when I couldn't even walk on the treadmill very well. I was really nervous about people laughing at me because I was laughed at by someone before while I was on the treadmill but it didn't happen. I didn't use a radio or anything. I just thought about getting to the next step and thinking about how proud I was of myself. I meet the trainer tomorrow and I'm hoping I'm not too sore with all the exercise I'm trying to accomplish.

The next step is coming up with solid meals for myself so I don't feel like I'm snacking all the time. I want to feel like I'm eating at my parents place where they have REAL food. I spent a lot of money on the gym membership so I need to stop eating at the restaurants. I borrowed a couple recipe books from the library so I could come up with ideas of what to cook for myself. I'll be happy if I can make a least like 15 things that I could alternate between so I could have a library of healthy foods. I'll make my own cook book of recipes I like. It might be a good idea to just photocopy the recipes I really like than to handwrite them. Then put them in a folder or a binder in the page protectors. So then when I think of more ideas I could just turn to my book. Handwriting them would save a lot of money though! Usually it's like 15 cents per copy. I guess it could just depend on the length of the recipe.

2 comments:

Astrid said...

Taste of Home's website has some really good light and healthy recipes. I've used a lot of the ones from the Cooking Light magazine and they're really tasty, generally.

I know how you feel about being nervous exercising in public. I was when I first started going to the gym, too, but then I realized no one's really going to say anything. Thankfully!

Lilies in my Cereal said...

The website is a good idea and I will check the thrift store to see if that magazine is there. They have magazines for 10 cents there so I could just rip out the pages for recipes that I like.