Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Brussel Sprouts, Broccoli, and Flax Seeds



The Food bible is giving a lot of inspiration for the foods that I need to eat. What is working the best is the use of the Glycemic Index on the refrigerator. I wrote it on hot pink paper so every time I go in there I have to look at it.

My shopping trip to the grocery store lead me to buy: dried apricots, brussel sprouts, broccoli, and a few other things. I'm wondering if I'm going to like the brussel sprouts. I havent had them since I was a child. I was also looking at the idea of using flax seeds in my yogurt and salad. One serving provides 36% of the fiber a person need for the day. If I use that I can play around with other foods that I eat for the day. The Fiber poptarts were my way to get fiber before but I am looking for a more natural take on having it.

Exercise: In my efforts to motivate myself in exercising I'm collecting images to put on my wall to show me I'm not the only one who will be working out. It should work if I have something to look at. Using the gym could be considered an excuse since I already have gym equipment.

Watching the joggers yesterday was really nice. Almost all of them looked fit.

No comments: